The Traditions App Service
We agree to provide you with the Traditions App Service. The Service includes all of the products, features, applications, services, technologies, and software that we provide to advance the Tradition App’s mission: To connect you to your campus, other students, and alumni by informing you about the school’s traditions and activities to make your university experience engaging and inspiring.
The Data Policy
Providing our Service requires collecting and using your information. The Data Policy explains how we collect, use, and share information across the Service. It also explains the many ways you can control your information. You must agree to the Data Policy to use the Traditions App Service.
In return for our commitment to provide the Service, we require you to make the below commitments to us.
Who Can Use the Traditions App. We want our Service to be as open and inclusive as possible, but we also want it to be safe, secure, and in accordance with the law. So, we need you to commit to a few restrictions in order to be part of the community.
- You must be at least 17 years old.
- You must not be prohibited from receiving any aspect of our Service under applicable laws or engaging in payments related services if you are on an applicable denied party listing.
- We must not have previously disabled your account for violation of law or any of our policies.
How You Can't Use the Traditions App. Providing a safe and open Service for a broad community requires that we all do our part.
- You can't impersonate others or provide inaccurate information. You may not impersonate someone you aren't, and you can't create an account for someone else unless you have their express permission.
- You can't do anything unlawful, misleading, or fraudulent or for an illegal or unauthorized purpose.
- You can't violate (or help or encourage others to violate) these Terms or our policies.
- You can't do anything to interfere with or impair the intended operation of the Service.
- You can't attempt to create accounts or access or collect information in unauthorized ways. This includes creating accounts or collecting information in an automated way without our express permission.
- You can't attempt to buy, sell, or transfer any aspect of your account or solicit, collect, or use login credentials of other users.
- You can't post private or confidential information or do anything that violates someone else's rights, including intellectual property.
Permissions You Give to Us. As part of our agreement, you also give us permissions that we need to provide the Service.
- We do not claim ownership of your content, but you grant us a license to use it.
We do not claim ownership of your content that you post on or through the Service. Instead, when you share, post, or upload content that is covered by intellectual property rights (like photos or videos) on or in connection with our Service, you hereby grant to us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide license to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate, and create derivative works of your content. You can end this license anytime by deleting your content or account.
- You agree that we can download and install updates to the Service on your device.
Additional Rights We Retain
- If you use content covered by intellectual property rights that we have and make available in our Service (for example, images, designs, videos, or sounds we provide that you add to content you create or share), we retain all rights to our content (but not yours).
- You can only use our intellectual property and trademarks or similar marks as expressly permitted with our prior written permission.
- You must obtain written permission from us or under an open source license to modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us.
Content Removal and Disabling or Terminating Your Account
- Content you delete may persist for a limited period of time in backup copies. This paragraph, and the section below called "Our Agreement and What Happens if We Disagree," will still apply even after your account is terminated or deleted.
Our Agreement and What Happens if We Disagree
- If any aspect of this agreement is unenforceable, the rest will remain in effect.
- Any amendment or waiver to our agreement must be in writing and signed by us. If we fail to enforce any aspect of this agreement, it will not be a waiver.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
Who Has Rights Under this Agreement.
- This agreement does not give rights to any third parties.
- You cannot transfer your rights or obligations under this agreement without our consent.
- Our rights and obligations can be assigned to others. For example, this could occur if our ownership changes (as in a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets) or by law.
Who Is Responsible if Something Happens.
- Our Service is provided "as is," and we can't guarantee it will be safe and secure or will work perfectly all the time. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE ALSO DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- We also don’t control what people and others do or say, and we aren’t responsible for their (or your) actions or conduct (whether online or offline) or content (including unlawful or objectionable content).
- Our responsibility for anything that happens on the Service (also called "liability") is limited as much as the law will allow. If there is an issue with our Service, we can't know what all the possible impacts might be. You agree that we won't be responsible ("liable") for any lost profits, revenues, information, or data, or consequential, special, indirect, exemplary, punitive, or incidental damages arising out of or related to these Terms, even if we know they are possible. This includes when we delete your content, information, or account.
- You agree to defend (at our request), indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses, including without limitation, reasonable attorney's fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with these Terms or your use of the Service. You will cooperate as required by us in the defense of any claim. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, and you will not in any event settle any claim without our prior written consent.
How We Will Handle Disputes.
We always appreciate feedback or other suggestions, but may use them without any restrictions or obligation to compensate you for them, and are under no obligation to keep them confidential.
Updating These Terms.
We may change our Service and policies, and we may need to make changes to these Terms so that they accurately reflect our Service and policies. Unless otherwise required by law, we will notify you (for example, through our Service) before we make changes to these Terms. If you continue to use the Service, you will be bound by the updated Terms. If you do not want to agree to these or any updated Terms, you can delete your account by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Revised: August 15, 2018